Watch movies from tablet on TV

A

AC Question

Hello frineds,
First of all, please forgive me for my imperfect English (It's not my mother-tongue).

I was looking for information on the web, but have not received answers to some questions and I would like to get some of your help, please:

I have a Samsung Tab 3 10.1" (model 5210) tablet and a Sharp TV (not a smartTV) with USB and HDMI inputs.
I would like to watch movies I downloaded to my tablet - on the TV screen and looking for a good way to do it (preferably wireless). I need a way to mirror my tablet on TV, to be specific.

1. Is there any possibility at all? If so:
2. Does ChromeCast doing the work? (Again, we're discussing about downloaded video files from the web, not watching YouTube and similar)
3. If ChromeCast can't do it, is there a wireless device that does this? I heard about "EZcast", what do you think about it? I'd be happy to have your recommendation.
4. If there's no wireless option -what kind of cable will I have to connect the the TV?
5. Other things that I should know? (Video-Audio sync... etc)

Thanks in advance,
PT

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
As the app description says, AllCast can cast to the following:

* Chromecast
* Amazon Fire TV
* Apple TV
* Xbox 360, Xbox One
* Roku
* WDTV
* Samsung, Sony and Panasonic Smart TVs
* Other DLNA Renderers

Chromecast is very cheap and very useful, so that's worth getting. Be aware that the free version of AllCast is only a trial, and lets you view something for a few minutes. The full version if $4.99.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Chromecast is actually an Android computer, so the TV only needs an HDMI input. The Chromecast device does all the "smart" part. (I've used them with "dumb" TVs - they work. (They do take up to about half an hour to download their updates the first time you use them.)