As stated above not sure whether to switch to S6 edge plus. Whats peoples opinions? In the UK so not sure about note 5.
    01-11-2016 04:24 PM
    I played with my brother's S6 Edge Plus and it's basically the same experience as the Note 5, but in my case, I missed the S-Pen. If you're, like me, too attached to it, you'd be better off waiting for the Note. I was also slightly bothered by reflections on the curved edges on the Edge, but my brother didn't seem to notice them anymore. Camera and display are still just as good as on the Note 5.
    01-11-2016 04:40 PM
    Note 3, so slightly different experience, but:

Do you use the pen a lot? Then don't.
    Do you use an external SD card? Then don't.
    Do you like the ability to pop in a new battery for a few pounds? Then don't.

Otherwise look at what you gain from the S6, handle one in the store (a lot of people can't stand the edge display, a lot love it - but remember, there's still no good hard screen protector for Edge screens yet), then decide if it's worth spending the money on a phone, probably a new case and screen protector.
    01-11-2016 04:42 PM
    Forgot about the SD Card and battery since I don't miss those either, but true, if it's something you're used to, well then steer clear of the last Samsung batch of phones.

Also a good point about the screen protector. Since it's curved, you're pretty much stuck with thin-film ones, and even those are tricky to keep in place. As for the case, it helps that once you register the phone you get a 50% discount in the Samsung store which you can use for a new case on the cheap, and if you on top of that register Samsung Pay with a compatible card, you can get whatever the current promo is, and I believe there's one for 100 bucks in Best Buy cards or a 200-dollar gift package (not sure if the latter is still active as it was for the holidays). Also, if you have a Citibank card, there's an offer to get credit back when you use it for the first time.
    01-11-2016 04:52 PM
    Forgot about the SD Card and battery since I don't miss those either, but true, if it's something you're used to, well then steer clear of the last Samsung batch of phones.

Also a good point about the screen protector. Since it's curved, you're pretty much stuck with thin-film ones, and even those are tricky to keep in place. As for the case, it helps that once you register the phone you get a 50% discount in the Samsung store which you can use for a new case on the cheap, and if you on top of that register Samsung Pay with a compatible card, you can get whatever the current promo is, and I believe there's one for 100 bucks in Best Buy cards or a 200-dollar gift package (not sure if the latter is still active as it was for the holidays). Also, if you have a Citibank card, there's an offer to get credit back when you use it for the first time.
    Out of curiosity what phone are you running with?
    01-13-2016 01:13 PM
    Note 5. Tried the G4 for a while but couldn't love it. It kept reminding me of stuff I could already do in Samsung Phones but with a different approach, and since I've become quite used to using the S-Pen for note-taking, I just came back to the Note.
    01-13-2016 01:49 PM
    Note 5. Tried the G4 for a while but couldn't love it. It kept reminding me of stuff I could already do in Samsung Phones but with a different approach, and since I've become quite used to using the S-Pen for note-taking, I just came back to the Note.
    Leaning towards the S6 Edge plus but only concern now is when will it be superseded.....
    01-13-2016 06:07 PM
    Leaning towards the S6 Edge plus but only concern now is when will it be superseded.....
    If reports are to be believed, then yeah, the S7 Edge + might be coming much sooner than expected...
    Samsung may launch Galaxy S7 edge, edge+ variants alongside standard S7 | Android Central
    dom1231 likes this.
    01-13-2016 06:34 PM