Stuck in an account verification loop after resetting Nexus 6 & changing Google account password

A

AC Question

I've recently been upgrading my security on all my devices & logins. I have a stock Nexus 6 that I'd already backed up, and I set up Google's Device Manager. In order to test & make sure the Device Manager actually worked, I clicked "Erase", and it wiped & reset the phone.

As I attempted to setup the phone again, I went through the following screens: Welcome > Insert SIM card > Select WiFi network > Verify your account. At the Verify your account screen, it reads: "This device was reset. To continue, sign in with a Google Account that was previously synced on this device." I proceeded to enter my Google Account email (I'm 100% sure it's the right Google Account) and the new password I set for my Google Account yesterday (again, 100% sure it's the correct password); but all that happens is a notification pops up reading "Please sign in using one of the owner's accounts for this device" and it takes me back to the Verify your account page.

I seem to be stuck in this verification loop; and I know I'm using the correct Google Account email and password. Anyone know what I should do?

TheOnlyRizzy

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
Re: Stuck in an account verification loop after resetting Nexus 6 & changing Google account password

SOLUTION:

Turns out Google has a security feature built in where if you reset your phone within 72 hours of changing your Google Account password, it'll lock you out of your phone until those 72 hours are up. However, there's no warning of this from Google, nor does that verification loop give you any indication that you just have to wait 72 hours and that you shouldn't panic.

cghoonichie

Dec 4, 2016
Visit site
Re: Stuck in an account verification loop after resetting Nexus 6 & changing Google account password

Yes I'm ring to sing in to my Amazon account but it tells me that my email or password is incorrect but its my real email and I reset my password 5 times HELP me before i throw my phone against the wall

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance