Samsung S4 not connecting to Windows 7 PC through USB cable but charging. NEED HELP ASAP

HeyItsDaniel4

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
I very recently switched from a S3 to a used S4 which was given by my Aunt. I was only given the charger with the cable and the phone itself.

I had saved all my pictures and music from the S3 on my PC. When trying to connect the S4 with the PC, it was only charging and nothing came up on the phone and the computer screen saying that a device was connected.

I have tried USB debugging (which I did not fully understand so I might have done it wrong), restarting both devices, downloading the driver from the Samsung site and downloading Kies.

I really need help. Please when explaining things to me, please use very basic words as I am still a noob/beginner to all of this.

And the S4 is version 5.0.1.

Thank you

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Have you tried a different USB cable? Some cables are intended only for charging, not for data transfer. And cables can also fail over time, so the one you have might also be defective.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When plugging the S4 to the computer via USB, does any USB connection icon appear when you swipe the notification panel down? If not, it's possible the microUSB port is faulty. First, make sure there isn't any debris in there--use a can of compressed air to blow it out. Also check to see if the pin is bent or damaged in any way. If it otherwise looks ok, you may have to bring it to a repair shop to replace the port.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz