Hi, I just finished a geekbench battery test and it lasted for 3 hours and 15 minutes, my phone is a Galaxy S5 G900F in the leaderboard the S5 lasted for more than 4 hours so I'm wondering if my battery is getting old (the phone isn't even a year old, bought it in March of last year) or is there an app that's causing the quick drain, thanks.
    01-17-2016 05:50 PM
    Hi, I just finished a geekbench battery test and it lasted for 3 hours and 15 minutes, my phone is a Galaxy S5 G900F in the leaderboard the S5 lasted for more than 4 hours so I'm wondering if my battery is getting old (the phone isn't even a year old, bought it in March of last year) or is there an app that's causing the quick drain, thanks.
    Welcome to Android Central!

There could be a lot of factors in play, you would need to set your phone up identical to the one that is on the leader board to get close to what it scored. GPS on or off, bluetooth on or off, there are just a bunch of factors in play.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-22-2016 08:01 AM
    Welcome to Android Central!

There could be a lot of factors in play, you would need to set your phone up identical to the one that is on the leader board to get close to what it scored. GPS on or off, bluetooth on or off, there are just a bunch of factors in play.
    Hi, I'm the original poster I just logged in, I had bluetooth, GPS... Everything off, all recent apps closed, few apps installed and almost all apps were "optimized" in samsung's smart manager, meaning they were basically hibernating so I expect similar if not better results but it was the other way round.
    01-25-2016 12:12 PM
    Start in safe mode, so none of your installed apps are running, then test it. (Charge it to 100%, then leave it on the charger for 30 minutes.)

If you've regularly been draining it below 40%, it could be getting old in 10 months - lithium batteries don't do well if they're deep-discharged. (Discharging it until it's dead every time will totally kill most lithium batteries in only a few months.)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-25-2016 11:33 PM