Lg g3 not updating

chris2975

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
I rooted my lg g3 to update it to lollipop because there was something wrong with the phone that wouldn't let me update it OTA or on a computer without rooting it. I was running the d85110c which is the original software that it came out with, but I used the d85120b update and I was supposed to use d85120g. It's a small update but it fixes a lot of bugs. My phones unrooted and I keep getting the notification for the OTA update, but when I try to install it and it reboots it goes into twrp. I need to update it without rerooting it and flashing another rom, how?

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
A rooted ROM (you root the ROM, not the phone itself) won't update. It shouldn't. Depending on what you've done while rooted, updating could brick the phone. To get an update, you have to totally unroot it (which may not be possible, it depends on what you used to root it - if you can't, you'll have to flash a stock ROM, then update [or flash the new version ROM].)

I need to update it without rerooting it and flashing another rom, how?
No "how". The first thing an update does is check the ROM - if it's not stock (and a rooted ROM isn't a stock ROM), updating "fails" - it actually deliberately aborts. You can only update the stock ROM.