Google photos/Moto gallery viewing a picture downloaded from email/ 2 different picture taken datesW

A

AC Question

I pulled up a picture on Google photo, went to the menu and brought up the details for that photo. The specific detail of ( picture taken) reflected Jan 2nd 2011. I pulled the same picture up but this time in Motorola gallery, went to menu > detail, everything was basically the same. The specific detail ( picture taken) reflected a different date / Jan 21st 2016. I do realize that this date was the date I downloaded it to save from my gmail. Why are the two different apps reflecting two different (photo taken dates). Thus 1 action 2 Apps- 2 different picture taken dates. Why? Please clarify and thank you so much! Lauri

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
One is the EXIF date (the metadata recorded in the file when you take the picture - date, time, camera, lens opening, shutter speed, location), the other is the last modified date of the file (copying is modifying). Some apps display one, some display the other. Photo exif editor displays all the EXIF data.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia