Wifi signal strong but still won't work on wifi.

A

AC Question

All of a sudden I am unable to access my apps with wifi turned on. The wifi signal is strong so that isn't the problem and everything else on wifi is working fine. I turned the phone off and on and that didn't help. Could it be due to me not upgrading to marshmallow from kitkat?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I found a solution I had to utilize the wps button on the router. Strange that it would tell me I was connected and show full strength when I wasn't. Can't even believe phones these days.
There's the connection between your phone and your router's wifi radio, and there's the connection between your phone and the internet through the router's actual router. They're two different layers. The phone sees the connection to the radio and gets an IP address and considers itself connected, but if the router doesn't route that IP address to the internet, the phone can't access the internet (and the phone can't tell). Reconnecting usually solves that. (And WPS is the best way to make sure that a connection is done properly.)

mnshutterbug

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
I had to delete the guest access and now all is working as it should. This is what support at Linksys recommended. Now the phone automatically connects as soon as I walk in the house and stays connected. Same with the wife's phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech