I cannot change lock method b/c I forgot my passcode!!

A

AC Question

My Samsung Galaxy Tab Note Pro 12.2 with Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is locked with a signature system. I need to sign my own personal signature whenever I need to unlock it. I want to change the lock type, but whenever I want to, I cannot because the I don't know the security passcode (number). Evidently, it didn't ask for me to reenter the passcode when I made one, so I can't be too sure on whether it is correct, but it seems like it isn't. I can't factory reset it, because my work applications are on it, and I'm afraid it will get deleted if I do a factory reset. Please help me!!

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
My Samsung Galaxy Tab Note Pro 12.2 with Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is locked with a signature system. I need to sign my own personal signature whenever I need to unlock it. I want to change the lock type, but whenever I want to, I cannot because the I don't know the security passcode (number). Evidently, it didn't ask for me to reenter the passcode when I made one, so I can't be too sure on whether it is correct, but it seems like it isn't. I can't factory reset it, because my work applications are on it, and I'm afraid it will get deleted if I do a factory reset. Please help me!!

Welcome to Android Central!

You should be able to sign in to your Android Device Manager and unlock the device with your Gmail account.

https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager