My Samsung Galaxy SII skyrocket battery drains faster on idle.

A

AC Question

Though the battery is new but drains within 12-15 hours when mostly on idle.
I checked the battery useage after about 12 hours and realised, the Screen which was on for 49 minutes used 40%, followed by Cell Standby on for about 11 hours used 14%, and phone idle for over 12 hours used 10%.

Please, how can I solve this problem?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
If, after that, there was little charge remaining, the battery may be bad....or possibly the device if you had similar trouble with the preceding battery.

Is your signal good? A poor signal will tax the battery.

skapmonk

Jan 31, 2016
Visit site
I always charge it to full. I think the signal is okay, besides if that is not the case will it not be the Android OS consuming the battery rather than the screen?
As I said earlier it is mostly idle but find the battery useage like:
Screen - 40%
Standby- 14%
Android Os- 10%
Device idle - 8%
and so on.20160131_113440.jpg

Last edited:

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Thank you, and welcome as a new member. :)

The stats look normal, and you are right....evidence of poor signal would show somewhere in the stats.
A poor-quality battery, perhaps?

skapmonk

Jan 31, 2016
Visit site
If you want long battery life you need flash 2.3.6 stock rom on ur device

Thanks. Please, do you absolutely believe that will solve it? What about a custom rom? It is at&t branded phone with different network on it now.
I installed CPU Spy and within about the hour DEEP SLEEP=88.9% but the battery reduced by 5%.
What could be wrong?

Last edited:

skapmonk

Jan 31, 2016
Visit site
Thank you, and welcome as a new member. :)

The stats look normal, and you are right....evidence of poor signal would show somewhere in the stats.
A poor-quality battery, perhaps?

Thank you. For the battery, I think it is not bad but I might agree with the signal. So, is the stats look normal even though it is mostly idle? What can I do to solve it?
I installed CPU Spy and within about the hour DEEP SLEEP=88.9% but the battery reduced by 5%.
What could be wrong?

Last edited:

Tech-Newb

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Thanks. Please, do you absolutely believe that will solve it? What about a custom rom? It is at&t branded phone with different network on it now.
What could be wrong?

It is either the battery or signal. Maybe the band used by your carrier isn't match with your at&t S2.I recommend you to flash a custom ROM since the phone is no longer supported fully by samsung.

Posted with ❤Love❤

skapmonk

Jan 31, 2016
Visit site
It is either the battery or signal. Maybe the band used by your carrier isn't match with your at&t S2.I recommend you to flash a custom ROM since the phone is no longer supported fully by samsung.

Posted with ❤Love❤

Thank you. Would you recommend any particular Custom Rom?
Let me add that the phone gets hot at the camera area after a short use, What could it be and can it be a board issue? I want to be certain.

Tech-Newb

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Thank you. Would you recommend any particular Custom Rom?
Let me add that the phone gets hot at the camera area after a short use, What could it be and can it be a board issue? I want to be certain.

I think it is normal. Does it really get hot or just plain warm? Your phone might be showing its age and needs to be replaced.
If you are low in budget, don't buy phones from samsung or other well-known brand phones. Buy a phone like android one, xiaomi, etc.

I recommend you CM or cyanogen if it is available for your device.

Posted with ❤Love❤

skapmonk

Jan 31, 2016
Visit site
I think it is normal. Does it really get hot or just plain warm? Your phone might be showing its age and needs to be replaced.
If you are low in budget, don't buy phones from samsung or other well-known brand phones. Buy a phone like android one, xiaomi, etc.

I recommend you CM or cyanogen if it is available for your device.

Posted with ❤Love❤

Thanks alot. I installed Paranoid Lollipop 5.1.1 in my phone and the battery drain reduced insignificantly. After 8 hours idle, 40% of battery was consumed, so when i checked the battery stats this is what I saw. so I am tempted to believe it is signal problem. If you add the percentages, it is not up to 100% but 18%. Below is the picture of the battery stat;

Screenshot_2016-02-04-05-10-52.pngScreenshot_2016-02-04-05-12-20.png

The phone really gets hot around the back camera. Phone is less than 8 months old.

Last edited:

Tech-Newb

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Thanks alot. I installed Paranoid Lollipop 5.1.1 in my phone and the battery drain reduced insignificantly. After 8 hours idle, 40% of battery was consumed, so when i checked the battery stats this is what I saw. so I am tempted to believe it is signal problem. If you add the percentages, it is not up to 100% but 18%. Below is the picture of the battery stat;

View attachment 215466View attachment 215467

The phone really gets hot around the back camera. Phone is less than 8 months old.

Yea it might be your signal as i see its yellow.

I see you use 360 security... but what for? It has lots of bad tools that harm your android device which can also cause heat.

Posted with ❤Love❤

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance