Need Help With Contacts - So Confused - S3 Mini

A

AC Question

So I have the galaxy s3 mini. Most of my contacts are stored with my gmail.

*BUT* not all of them apparently.

When I log into Gmail and look at my contacts there is a whole slew of people missing and a LOT of phone numbers missing.

I am trying to offload or make sure all email addy's, first, last and cell numbers are backed up off of this phone.

I think somehow over the years, switching phones something has gotten scattered.

What is the cheapest easiest way to do it? Maybe even export them straight to excel so I can import to my work phone/outlook?

Help!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Export them to the phone. Import them - and when asked, import them to your Google account, NOT to the device.

Sync contacts and you'll see duplicates on the Google Contacts page. There's a "Find & merge duplicates" item in More. Use that. The next time the phone syncs (you can tell it to sync any time you like, or just let it go by itself), it'll fix the list in the phone.

Only Google contacts sync, Device contacts (and SIM contacts, if you have that choice) don't. (Don't ask me why Google didn't make Google the default, I think having Device as the default, when most people don't know what the differences are, is a bad decision.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar