Major phone issues

Epic Gamer1

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
When I hold the power button, usually it will show you an option to shut down your phone, restart it or enable your phone into airplane mode. But in my case, when I hold it in a long period of time the phone shuts down.

Another issue is, when my phone freezes, the phone will reboot itself which is very frustrating. Any suggestions?

Posted via the Android Central App

Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000

Slipurson

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
That it reboots after holding the button for a while is normal, tho not getting the powermenu is not as normal :)

I would try to factoryreset the phone if it was mine. Or at least clear the cache.

If you have rooted and installed a custom recovery I am sure you know how to do that.

But if your phone is Stock you need to reboot it with holding down power+home+volume up.

From there I think you can choose to clear cache (and some other stuff you should not try out unless you know what you are doing :p)

Epic Gamer1

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
Yeah Im not getting the power menu when I hold the power button. I said it in a wrong statement.
Anyway, I factory reset my phone already and cleared cache, didn't do anything.
Any more suggestion?

Thanks for the advice anyway!

Epic Gamer1

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
Yeah Im not getting the power menu when I hold the power button. I said it in a wrong statement.
Anyway, I factory reset my phone already and cleared cache, didn't do anything.
Any more suggestion?
Thanks for the advice anyway!

Epic Gamer1

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
I didnt root my phone too if im not mistaken. May I know what a custom recovery is? Im sure that I didnt install something like that.
I also don't want to do other stuff that might damage my internal device.