Mysterious Jason.html file?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's basically the top directory, so it's not a directory specifically associated with an app. It's an HTML file, so you could try copying it to your computer and opening it with a browser. But make sure you have a good antimalware program installed on the computer, just in case.

Lilangellildevil

May 7, 2016
Visit site
While browsing my phone I found a file called Jason.html that is fairly large, but I have no idea the reason behind it. Does anyone?

Hi, I have just run across the same thing g, on my Motorola E 2nd gen. I'm very close to being 100% computer illiterate.. Lol...did you follow their suggestion and use a desktop to investigate? I have a lot of weird things going on my cell..but I'm too computer dum to figure it out and noone to help me...

Dadof5kids0756

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
While browsing my phone I found a file called Jason.html that is fairly large, but I have no idea the reason behind it. Does anyone?

I don't know either. I found basically what looks like the same file on my device. Also called "Jason.html". I have not been able to find an answer as to what the hell this file is. Have you found an answer yet? Does anyone else know what this file is? Also, I found on another site for Android questions, I found the same question. In that posted question, the person also posted a link to a copy of the "jason.html" file on his device. I will do the same, though for fear that it is a file that is either a virus or malware or has recorded value entries that someone with know-how could possibly read. From the research I've done so far I think it might be some kind of JSON (JavaScript) or API file, but I have no idea, though. However, the "Jason.html" file on my device nor the file on the link I referenced, that I will share at the end of this, do not look too be the same kind of language. In the file from the link I found and in my file on my device, there are several references to "WhatsApp". I did not find an answer yet from WhatsApp's website. I have a possible guess, though, from researching about the app. Since, April of 2016, WhatsApp rolled out 256bit total end-to-end encryption. I'm wondering if this Jason.html file is somehow associated with that. If so, would the person who shared the link to a copy if their file, be sharing their encryption key to WhatsApp? Here is the link to the other post I found:

file - Forums - CNET

So, have you or anyone else with this issue been able to ascertain a definitive and easily understandable answer to this question (layman terms, please)?

Or can anyone else knowledgeable please provide a detailed layman's answer and explanation?

Otherwise, I can only think that to feel safe and secure about this will be too again do a hard, factory system total wipe off both my phone and sdcard, or buy a new sdcard, and then do the factory reset to my phone and have my phone also wipe the new sdcard. Then check the completely reset for the file, to see if it's there. If not, then i will encrypt my phone before installing any new apps. And then, I'd have to install every app I want, one at a time, and then check for the file to see, after downloading each individual app, of the jadon.html file shows up. If it shows up after just doing the factory system wipe/reset and then reboot, then I'd have to assume it's some kind of system file and/or function. But if rather get a definitive answer and not have to go through the trouble. I'm going to keep researching till I find a definitive answer. I'll be contacting my service provider, the maker my phone, and Google, for an answer (every app I've downloaded came from the google play store and any app on the play store is supposed to be safe and have gone through rigorous testing before being allowed to be added to the play store).

Again, can someone please, help those of us with this issue seeking a definitive, knowledgeable, easy to understand answer?

Also, the jason.html file is not in a specific folder but can be found in the main phone, emulated, and mass storage (sdcard) locations on my device. I have a ZTE Lever Z936L, with Android 5.1 Lollypop. (Side question, I'm also interested in how to root my device, as well, to further protect my device with firewall, etc. But before, (I will and would recommend doing the following), before routing my device or the above system wipe steps, I will backup all files on my device both in a couple color storages, and on a security and virus protected folder on my computer (or on yours).

We are frustrated at the lack of answers online.

Please & Thanks. And thanks for reading all this.