Multiple folders in a photo album

A

AC Question

How do I I put several files within a single album using Gallery or Google Photos on an S5? I would like to put each years vacation in it's own folder within a vacation album. I want to search years by closed folders rather than have all photos in the album open. I am open to any other apps that would do the trick.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, so the photos are in a gallery app / Google Photos and you want to put them onto an S5? can you get the photos on a computer and manually cut and paste them into different folders, then once down connect the phone to a computer and move them across?

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Google Photo already sorts your pictures by date. Your quick drag bar on the right side will help you quickly get to a date you want. You can also search the date within the app.

Your gallery on the phone can be easily done all from your phone if you wish. Open up your file explorer and find your DCIM folder and open it. Now create a new folder for every year vacation like you need. Now open up the camera folder within DCIM and long press the first picture then check all pictures for your xxxx year vacation. Choose to "Move" the selected pictures. Select the corresponding folder you just created moments before.