So I installed some system update that they sent me last night. When I restarted my phone this morning, it just says "Firmware Update: DO NOT UNPLUG the USB connection until the process is complete." When that screen showed up, my phone wasn't even connected to anything. So, I plugged it in via USB to my Mac, and the screen hasn't changed at all. The meter on the screen still shows 0% of the process is complete. Do I have to plug it in to a PC in order to finish the update?
    02-04-2016 10:47 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? It sounds like Download Mode or Odin Mode on a Samsung device. This is used if you want to manually download a firmware file to install on the phone. On Samsung device, it's typically reached by powering on using the Power and Vol Down buttons (or Power/Home/Vol Down). As long as you aren't actively transferring a file, you can safely power the phone off (either by pulling the battery or pressing and holding Power and Vol Down for about 10-15 seconds). Then power back on, making sure you're only pressing the Power button this time.
    02-04-2016 10:57 AM
    What happened to my phone and what to do phone is not doing anything and feels hot to touch
    07-27-2016 07:02 AM
    What happened to my phone and what to do phone is not doing anything and feels hot to touch
    Welcome.

Is this during an update?
    07-27-2016 07:13 AM
    So I installed some system update that they sent me last night. When I restarted my phone this morning, it just says "Firmware Update: DO NOT UNPLUG the USB connection until the process is complete." When that screen showed up, my phone wasn't even connected to anything. So, I plugged it in via USB to my Mac, and the screen hasn't changed at all. The meter on the screen still shows 0% of the process is complete. Do I have to plug it in to a PC in order to finish the update?
    That's the same thing happen to me
    11-25-2016 11:03 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone?
    11-26-2016 12:33 AM