need to know how to fix that problem please
    02-04-2016 12:32 PM
    Could you give us more details about your problem? Which device and Android version do you have?
    02-04-2016 02:03 PM
    I'd like to revive this thread. I also started getting this message.

Details: can't log into my home wifi anymore (wifi works fine on my computer). Have not tested whether it is only my wifi or any wifi connection.
    I have a Samsung galaxy S4.

I followed different instructions I found on the internet and nothing has worked. I "forgot" my wifi network and went to advanced, checked both boxes, manually put in my computer' IP. The wifi icon appears at the top of my cell when I do this but the internet doesn't actually work.

I tried rebooting.

I don't know what to do.

Thanks for any help you can provide!
    05-08-2016 02:33 PM
    Hello,
    I'd like to revive this thread. I also started getting this message.

Details: can't log into my home wifi anymore (wifi works fine on my laptop).
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S5.

Thank you,
    Carl
    03-01-2019 09:01 AM
    First, the best that putting in your computer's ID will do is not connect the phone. The worst is disconnecting both your phone and your computer. Only one device can have a particular IP on a network.

Leave it on DHCP (or automatic). Then tell us - a) whether you connect to the router. (Use a web browser to connect to the gateway address the computer shows when you run ipconfig/all in a command window.) and b) whether you connect to the internet (use the browser to connect to something easy to type, like aol.com).
    03-01-2019 01:17 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Try rebooting the router by unplugging its power for 30 seconds. If that doesn't help, see this guide: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...-problems.html
    03-01-2019 02:57 PM