Sd card damaged

A

AC Question

I am using lenovo a7000, while deleting some media files i got an error "Damaged SD card, try reformatting it" and boom!!!! My sd card was not readable. problamatic sd card is of samsung 8gb and surprisingly it is readable on other samsung devices. I connected it to my laptop backup all the data, and once i tried to format it says cannot format. Tried running chkdsk command through command prompt but it stops at 63%,i waited for hours but its still there. I also tried deleting files manually but the files keep reappearing into the disk. Also tried Format command in cmd but no use. Tried formating card through my lenovo a7000 and also from samsung devices but it says format not completed.
Please HELPPPPPP!!!!!!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You could try PhotoRec to recover everything on the card.

Or you could install Linux on your PC and run Ddrescue on the card.

Then contact Samsung about a replacement. Or trash the card, buy a SanDisk and know that you'll get tech support when and if (which is doubtful) you need it. (I don't work for them - but I won't even take anyone else's card as a gift. I've had to deal with SanDisk - they're one of the easiest companies to deal with - and that includes Walmart's "no questions asked" return policy - you still have to wait on line for that. SanDisk lets you request a return authorization on line, has live chat with people who actually know what they're talking about, they reply to emails quickly - I'm not easily impressed, but they impress me.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay