how do i view whats on my old SD card i put in my galaxy s4?

A

AC Question

i found an old Sd card from my blackberry that has all my daughters baby pictures on it. I mounted it to my galaxy S4 but i dont know how to go about seeing the files on my SD card? its showing up in the settings that space is available on the SD card. What id like to do if possible, is view whats on the SD card and save what i want off there and then wipe the Sd card and start fresh? Not a tech savvy person any help would be appreciated!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Get a USB adapter so you can plug the card itself (not the S4) into a computer. (I use this one - it's $8 and it reads full size and micro SD cards [at the same time, actually - you can put 2 cards into it and copy from one to the other].) The computer can see everything on the card, so you can find the pictures and drag them to the computer (and then save them to 1 or 2 cloud accounts - those are pictures you don't want to lose). You do that the same way you drag and drop any file on a computer - to the computer, the card is just another hard drive.

Then you can put the card back into the S4 and wipe the card. (When you remove or insert the card, make sure the phone is off. When inserting it into the adapter, first put the card into the adapter, then plug the adapter into the computer. Use "safely remove hardware" [in the tray - lower right] before removing the adapter if you've written to the card.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad