Samsung fast charger makes phone act like it is constantly being plugged in and then unplugged

A

AC Question

I have a note 5 and I believe that this problem could have started with limited water damage. My phone got snow on it, and the snow might have melted and got into the charging port. Regardless, now when I plug the Samsung fast charger in, it acts as though I am plugging it in and then unplugging it constantly.
My phone vibrates non-stop and unpredictably when plugged in. Sometimes it says it is charging (normally, not fast charging) for about a second and then it resumes its vibrating. Occasionally, my phone produces a pop-up alert that says that I have connected a power sharing cable, even though it is the normal cable and charger that comes with the phone. This happens with both of my fast charging cables and power bricks that I have from Samsung.
The most annoying thing is that a regular power brick will work normally, I can plug it in and have my phone charge, it just goes so slowly.
I have tried cleaning out the charging port, bending the tab in the charging port so it is in a better position, rebooting my phone numerous times, and everything I can think of. Does anyone have any solutions? Any advice would be much appreciated.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Well, definitely sounds like a bad charging port. Rather than wasting time trying to find a solution that doesn't exist, better to take it to a repair shop, or Samsung to have the charging board replaced. As far as I know, the Note 5 has no option to turn off fast charging, so as soon as you plug in the Samsung chargers, the phone attempts to fast charge and goes bonkers. The phone will charge without issues with a "regular" charger because the phone won't switch to fast charging.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463