Why does Asus Zenpad 8 tablet keep disconnecting and reconnecting to wifi?

A

AC Question

I purchased a new Asus Zenpad 8 tablet for my daughter a month ago. There will be full wifi connection and then it will just disconnect for about a minute and then reconnect again. It is very frustrating. There is no such problem with our laptop or phone. Please advise as the tablet is useless the way it is. Thanks.

Kenneth Packert

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
I purchased a new Asus Zenpad 8 tablet for my daughter a month ago. There will be full wifi connection and then it will just disconnect for about a minute and then reconnect again. It is very frustrating. There is no such problem with our laptop or phone. Please advise as the tablet is useless the way it is. Thanks.

There seems to be a wpa2 issue. When I run the tablet on an unsecured network, it works fine. Not a solution for everyone but at least it may help some.

kuxan summ

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
I have a Asus zenpad s8 and I was having problems with the wifi. It kept disconnecting and would connect a couple of minutes later. So, I think I found my problem. I just went to settings, WI-FI, Advanced, I turned off "Network Notification" then I selected "Always" under "Keep Wi-Fi on during Sleep". I haven't had any problems since. Hope it helps.

BeeCee53

Jan 28, 2019
Visit site
I've been having this problem with my Azus P027 Tablet, running Android 7.0. I followed the advice above, which didn't help. But it led me to Settings ... Wifi ... "Gear icon" ... Saved Networks.
I had a whole bunch of old saved networks and I also had two entries for my household router - I deleted them both. Then I was able to connect the wireless.