I have ASUS Zenfone 2 which I have been using for ~ 1 year now. All of a sudden my phone started acting weird as if it was controlled by someone else. I open an App and it starts opening tabs by itself. Text message has the same problem, I can't even use the keyboard as intended. I did the factory reset but the same problem continues. Is there a fix for this issue?
    02-17-2016 04:15 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Did this happen immediately after the factory reset, or only after all apps were reinstalled? If the latter, then try booting into Safe Mode to see if it's a 3rd party app that's causing the problem: https://www.asus.com/support/faq/1005163

Also, does this only happen when the phone is plugged in and charging, or when unplugged as well?
    02-17-2016 06:05 PM
    This issue started all of a sudden. I thought my phone had a virus so I performed factory reset but the same issue continues. Per your suggestion, I booted the phone in safe mode but no luck, it's doing the same weird thing.

Any other suggestions?
    02-17-2016 07:11 PM
    Besides the odd behavior, is there any other reason why you think you might have a virus? Were you getting unwanted popups? Have you installed any apps from places other than Google Play Store?

Chances are that this isn't malware, but rather some problem with the screen/digitizer. I would have suggested wiping the cache partition, but the factory reset would have done that as well. Is the phone still under warranty from ASUS?
    02-18-2016 02:29 AM
    I don't know if this is due to a virus or a problem with screen/digitizer. As you said Cache partition should have been done during factory reset, other than that I what could be the reason?

Phone is not under warranty. Any suggestions on how to fix this issue or time to get rid of the phone?
    03-15-2016 05:57 PM
    Any suggestions on possible fixes for this issue?
    03-15-2016 07:53 PM
    Hi there,

I too have the same problem with my Asus zenfone 2. Seriously fed up.. checked uninstalling, rebooting etc... no help..

It behaves as someone else has got its control and very often flash light is on... it looks odd when it automatically turns on the flashlight when I am in some important meetings... Its not under warranty now. I dont have to throw this phone as I liked it and took... someone pls help me to get rid of this crazy act of my phone...
    03-09-2017 01:44 AM