Why can't I get pictures in my text messages? I get a box that says downloading, but it won't download

A

AC Question

Why can't I get pictures in my text messages? I get a box that says downloading, but it won't download

I have a Galaxy J3 through Virgin Mobile. I just bought this phone and activated it. (I already had a Virgin account) When someone sends me a photo through my texts, I get a little box that says it's downloading and it won't download. Normally I get a picture that pops up. I don't have to download anything. I didn't on my previous phone. I can send people photos through text but they won't show up when someone sends them to me.

Dianne88

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Instructions do not work with my J3. No MMSC to click on However turning off wifi worked like a charm. Pics popped right up.

Yes, but that's kind of a paltry remedy to a problem that should not even be there in the first place, isn't it? And rather inconvenient! Nothing "charm"ing about this, if you ask me. Is that it then? Is there really going to be no fix for this? I am seriously considering returning my device.

Last edited:

sstone8

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Re: im having the same problem

The only way that I've just found to solve the problem is if you download facebook, and the facebook messenger app and then use messenger as your default SMS app, I hope that helps!

Paulycam

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
Its simple guys!

1. Go to settings
2. Click Mobile Networks
3. Click on Access Point Name
4. Go to the one chosen already click on the widget.
5. Click on MMSC
6. DO NOT ERASE! Add this to the end of the address /mms?
7. Go on top click on MORE
8. Click SAVE
9. Now go to your messages and click download or have someone send you a pic.

FYI - you dont have to turn off WIFI this will work with it on.

It worked for me ☺ I have the Samsung Galaxy J3

Thanks. This worked for me on my 2016 J5.

Mauramac

Nov 12, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone
I have Galaxy S6 and being a bit over the hill myself I'm struggling to find my way around it.
I get the occasional mms photo message from friends and can't open or download it.
I've trawled through the internet but despite my best efforts I still can't find out what to do. So far I have tried going into settings to follow some advice on here and this is what I found.
When I get to Settings >mobile networks>Access point names it has the BT mobile internet option selected but if I tap that it shows all the details but all greyed out.
Can anyone help please?
Many thanks.

Titamarie760

Jan 11, 2017
Visit site
OK. So I had the same problem. Googled how to fix it, nothing. So what I found out was that the mms settings were wrong. I just Googled mms settings for cricket, which is my mobile service. Took me right to a page that told me where to find these settings on my fone and lists what the settings should be. I entered the info into my fone, and boom. Fixed!

jeldi

Jan 11, 2017
Visit site
I tried all of the suggestions posted and none worked in my case. I finally decided to try a different app than the default and downloaded Google Messenger. No more MMS download issues! Just throwing it out there as another thing to try.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21