Why can't I get pictures in my text messages? I get a box that says downloading, but it won't download

A

AC Question

Why can't I get pictures in my text messages? I get a box that says downloading, but it won't download

I have a Galaxy J3 through Virgin Mobile. I just bought this phone and activated it. (I already had a Virgin account) When someone sends me a photo through my texts, I get a little box that says it's downloading and it won't download. Normally I get a picture that pops up. I don't have to download anything. I didn't on my previous phone. I can send people photos through text but they won't show up when someone sends them to me.

Claudette90

Mar 13, 2017
Visit site
Its simple guys!

1. Go to settings
2. Click Mobile Networks
3. Click on Access Point Name
4. Go to the one chosen already click on the widget.
5. Click on MMSC
6. DO NOT ERASE! Add this to the end of the address /mms?
7. Go on top click on MORE
8. Click SAVE
9. Now go to your messages and click download or have someone send you a pic.

FYI - you dont have to turn off WIFI this will work with it on.

It worked for me ☺ I have the Samsung Galaxy J3

My phone didnt let me add the apn name to the MMSC. ������

Last edited by a moderator:

troggy012

May 14, 2017
Visit site
I too could not recieve pucture messages..I then was in formed to do the following and it worked straight away.
Go to...APPS
Settings
Data usage
Make sure mobile data is on.

This should sort your problems as it did mine.

Wildelove1

Jan 9, 2018
Visit site
Just fyi I have a blu phone with T-Mobile and am having the same problem.

Was wondering if someone knows how to fix the problem

I see the download in my texts but it will not download the pics.

typing_hamster

Jan 4, 2020
Visit site
Guys! I had this exact problem and i was going wack because of it. The simple answer: messages uses mobile data, not wifi, so buy mobile data for online usage. That's the only way. Also, instead of messages I recommend using messanger/snapchat/or whatever else that allows use of wifi without taking ur money

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central, and thanks for your input, but that's already been addressed. Also, you don't need to purchase mobile data for MMS -- you just have to make sure mobile data is turned on (all carriers that I'm aware of don't charge the mobile data used for MMS -- it counts toward your message limit, if you have one).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech