Can someone receive my sms's/calls if they have my imei numbers ?

K4K4i

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
So I have a smartphone which I want to root and can only be rooted by using iRoot but I suspect that this rooting tool might send my IMEI numbers to unknown server in China and I have a question here, what are the consequences/implications if someone knows my IMEI number ? I have heard that they can steal my service and for example receive calls/messages which I receive or blacklist my smartphone. Can someone help out here ?

Thank You

K4K4i

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Yes, that's possible. Always keep your IMEI secure.
Do you know how I can recognise if someone steals my service or is it not possible to do ? I have tried Root Genius but it said that there is no root for my smartphone yet, I have tried to root it regardless and it didn't work. Do you know if Root Genius also sends IMEI numbers to some servers ? Is there any way I can root my Smartphone which has Android 5.1.1 or is there no official exploit for it ? I would like to avoid using iRoot since it does sends IMEI numbers to some CHINA Servers and from what I have heard, it's the only way I can root my device :/ ...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you see an abnormal uptick in call and data usage on your bill, that certainly would be an indicator. But I'm not sure about any apps that could tell you.