Shall I buy Note5 or wait for S7 Edge till 11th March

vgs21

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I need a high end dual SIM phone. I'm confuse between Note5 and yet to be released S7 Edge. Both are dual SIM only difference is S7 Edge has Hybrid slot for second SIM or Mem card and Note 5 has stylus. Honestly I dont care for mem card because I'm going to buy 64GB varient and I hardly use stylus. LG G5 is out of my consideration because LG ditched the App drawer in their launcher otherwise from G3 to G4 i was a big fan of LG before that I used Samsung only. Currently I have Sony Xperia Z5 Dual Premium which I'm not happy with. Also camera comparison of G5 and S7 series, S7 series beats G5 from the samples that I have seen on various other mobile websites. Also since S7 series will be newly launched(11th March) they will be expensive too. Confused than ever before. PLEASE HELP GUYS.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
The app drawer was just removed from the default mode on the default launcher. You can get it back by selecting the 'Easy Home' LG launcher (which appears to be the launcher that the G4 uses, rather than a dumbed down one)... Or you can load a 3rd party launcher.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It is going to come down to personal preference. They are all good phones. Some excel slightly in one area or the other. Currently I have a note 5, and will be getting the s7 edge due to the better camera. G5 is out for me because of the smaller screen size.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I need a high end dual SIM phone. I'm confuse between Note5 and yet to be released S7 Edge. Both are dual SIM only difference is S7 Edge has Hybrid slot for second SIM or Mem card and Note 5 has stylus. Honestly I dont care for mem card because I'm going to buy 64GB varient and I hardly use stylus. LG G5 is out of my consideration because LG ditched the App drawer in their launcher otherwise from G3 to G4 i was a big fan of LG before that I used Samsung only. Currently I have Sony Xperia Z5 Dual Premium which I'm not happy with. Also camera comparison of G5 and S7 series, S7 series beats G5 from the samples that I have seen on various other mobile websites. Also since S7 series will be newly launched(11th March) they will be expensive too. Confused than ever before. PLEASE HELP GUYS.

Welcome to Android Central!

Are you going to be utilizing the dual sim capability on the phones?

G5 ditching the app drawer really isn't a big deal, you can just download a third party launcher like Nova Launcher and get your app drawer back.

I personally have ordered the Galaxy S7 Edge, I like the look of it and the camera on it looks absolutely great. You will just have to figure out what your top priorities are for phone features.

vgs21

May 14, 2012
Visit site
We can't do the work for you in comparing features of models not in general use, even for models like the G4 and Note 5 there's not many in end user forums like these that have both. You want to join the appropriate forums and read the reviews and comments.

Those who answered here understood that I'm asking to Note 5 users who can compare their phone with S7Edge(features available on net and few got deliveries in USA) and share their experience with me. I don't leave my work on anyone. I thought asking on such forum would help others as well otherwise I already went and had my hands on Note 5. Just waiting to land my hands on S7Edge. So I'll decide for myself and won't wait for such reply from you.

vgs21

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central!

Are you going to be utilizing the dual sim capability on the phones?

G5 ditching the app drawer really isn't a big deal, you can just download a third party launcher like Nova Launcher and get your app drawer back.

I personally have ordered the Galaxy S7 Edge, I like the look of it and the camera on it looks absolutely great. You will just have to figure out what your top priorities are for phone features.

Yes I'll utilise dual SIM more frequently. And yes thanks for that G5 suggestion but in India it will be launched after March as confirmed by their top level management person. And S7 series will be launched by the end of next week say by 8th or 11th of this month. So I think I'll go with S7Edge. Thanks once again.

vgs21

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Sorry about that. AAQ is a very busy forum. Over the past 30 days we averaged 254.2 incoming new threads per day, so a new thread can get buried very quickly.

Yes I can understand. Thanks for your reply though. But what wonders me is how much traffic and busy you all will be once S7 series is launched in 60 markets altogether. My god I can't even imagine the load on you people.

vgs21

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Fair enough. You have further responded politely and likeably.
I was trying to explain why you shouldn't get frustrated if no one can answer what you were initially asking.
I hope you can enjoy the Samsung forums, and trust you will be pleased with whichever you purchase. Enjoy!

sorry. I apologize for my harsh words. just got carried away. images.jpg