Will Samsung Galaxy S7 work with Straight talk sim card?

A

AC Question

I want to buy the Samsung Galaxy S7 but I don't know if it will work with Straight talk services.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I want to buy the Samsung Galaxy S7 but I don't know if it will work with Straight talk services.

Welcome to Android Central!

You can more than likely by a T-Mobile version out right and use it on Straight talk. It will all depend on the SIM card and carrier that you use with Straight Talk currently. Yes it will work with Straight Talk as long as you get the right phone for your SIM.

Ekwtoezika

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
I got my S7 from t-mobile to easily set up with straight talk; however, I've hit one glitch and that's with picture messaging. Can anyone help? DATA, phone calls, regular text messages all work except for pictures for some reason.

*UPDATE* Got it fixed, I finally found the right apn settings on straight talks website. The ones they send you when you first move your info over aren't complete.

Last edited:

Steven Libbon

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
Same thing here, I want to buy a GS7 Edge, but I'm not sure it will work with straight talk. I don't want to deal with issues. And idk where to get it really. Ppl say t-mobile or AT&T. I don't want to be out of luck if I get the wrong phone for the straight talk SIM card. Is it working 100% for anyone here? And how did you do it?

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Same thing here, I want to buy a GS7 Edge, but I'm not sure it will work with straight talk. I don't want to deal with issues. And idk where to get it really. Ppl say t-mobile or AT&T. I don't want to be out of luck if I get the wrong phone for the straight talk SIM card. Is it working 100% for anyone here? And how did you do it?
What type of Straight Talk SIM do you have? Does it use Verizon, T-Mobile, or AT&T?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The S7 comes in all 4 carrier versions. Check on Straight Talk Compatibility Test to see if your phone is usable on ST. If it is, get a SIM (or conversion kit if it's Sprint or Verizon) and it'll work. (as far as i can remember, if it's ever been used [or even bought for] a pre-pay plan, Verizon won't accept it [even with ST, Verizon will still be the carrier]. Sprint is funny - I still haven't figured out how they decide which phones to accept and which to reject.)

noemikryztal

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
What apn did u use

I got my S7 from t-mobile to easily set up with straight talk; however, I've hit one glitch and that's with picture messaging. Can anyone help? DATA, phone calls, regular text messages all work except for pictures for some reason.

*UPDATE* Got it fixed, I finally found the right apn settings on straight talks website. The ones they send you when you first move your info over aren't complete.

Michellecole0817

May 3, 2016
Visit site
Are you having any issues with your Galaxy S7 with the Straight Talk sim? I bought mine through AT&T as well. It worked great for two weeks then stopped sending MMS. I can receive pics, just cannot send them (unless I am on a phone call---then it works...weird). AT&T said something about the frequency not being right with the phone? I sent it to Samsung for repair but they couldn't find anything wrong.

Michellecole0817

May 3, 2016
Visit site
What settings did you use????

Michellecole0817

May 3, 2016
Visit site
I purchased the S7 from AT&T and put a straight talk sim card in it and it is working. You will just have to update the apn settings when you get it activated

Are you having any issues with your Galaxy S7 with the Straight Talk sim? I bought mine through AT&T as well. It worked great for two weeks then stopped sending MMS. I can receive pics, just cannot send them (unless I am on a phone call---then it works...weird). AT&T said something about the frequency not being right with the phone? I sent it to Samsung for repair but they couldn't find anything wrong.

obxhollywood

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
I purchased the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge from Best Buy to use with AT&T. I have now switched over to Straight Talk and I'm not able to send/receive mms messages. I have tried every APN combation out there and still can't get the issue resolved.

Dafox91

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
The best or most reasonable phone to purchase is the Verizon Galaxy S7. They are carrier unlocked from the box and have a CDMA as well as GSM feature. So, if you decide to use the phone with any service after you aren't restricted.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall