A message appeard on my phone: "Your batter is damaged. You need to take the following steps to repair it" (or something like that. I don't remember the exact phrazing).
    What should I do?
    03-04-2016 05:38 AM
    What were you doing when this message popped up? Were you using an app? Browsing the web? Charging the phone?

It's possible it might have been a popup ad or some other form of malware/adware. This is especially true if the message mentioned anything about a virus, infected, or similar. Also, if you were using Chrome and the message said "the page at <website> says."

You could try following the suggestions in this article for clearing out malware/adware if there is any.

http://www.androidcentral.com/help-m...id-has-malware

Now, if you received this message at power on or similar and the phone won't start up, then it's probably time for a new battery.

Hope this helps.
    What were you doing when this message popped up? Were you using an app? Browsing the web? Charging the phone?

It's possible it might have been a popup ad or some other form of malware/adware. This is especially true if the message mentioned anything about a virus, infected, or similar. Also, if you were using Chrome and the message said "the page at <website> says."

You could try following the suggestions in this article for clearing out malware/adware if there is any.

http://www.androidcentral.com/help-m...id-has-malware

Now, if you received this message at power on or similar and the phone won't start up, then it's probably time for a new battery.

Hope this helps.
    03-04-2016 06:31 AM