Should transferring files to Drive free up storage space on S5?

A

AC Question

Thanks to rasmith1959 for your response as to transferring photos to Drive. I have about 1000 photos from a recent holiday to transfer, as the storage on my S5 was nearly full. I thought I could free up quite a lot of space by transferring the photos to Drive. I have now successfully transferred about 150 photos, then deleted them from "photos" on my phone, but the overall storage space is getting worse not better. Could there be a step I've missed?
Thanks again
Sue

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Please consider registering on this forum so that you can respond within the previous thread you had created. It makes it easier to follow a discussion.

I would strongly suggest uploading your photos to Google Photos instead. If you upload at High Quality (which is anything up to 16 megapixels), you get unlimited storage of your photos. There's a small amount of compression, but I've never noticed any degradation of my photos. Read more here: https://support.google.com/photos/answer/6193313?hl=en. Once you've backed everything up, there's an option in the Google Photos app menu to free up device storage (which will delete all local copies of photos and videos that you've backed up).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers