Rooted my phone and now Google Play services no longer function

A

AC Question

Okay so I rooted my phone a while back. And now, after deleting some of the standard Google Apps that I do not use, Google Play services no longer functions. I have a samsung galaxy grand prime. It was rooted using King root. I don't know what it was that I had deleted, I had only trying to free space on my phone and got rid of files which I did not think where necessary, but apparently I was wrong. Any help that you can give me would be well appreciated. Now, to tell you what I have done already do try to fix this. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Google Play services the Google Play Store also rebooted my device numerous times, and I have also try doing a restore to a previous phone. And I have also cleared the cache, disabled and reenabled v Google Play services as well as the Google Play Store. I have spent hours researching to try and find a solution to this problem and I have not been able to do so. I have also used ES File Explorer to check the hosts file in the system / etc folder, and all that was there was the first line which stated a number which I do not recall, but was something like this. 10. 0. 0. 115 filehost. I'll take any advice you guys can give me, and I hope I can get my phone fixed soon because I can no longer access Google Play Store, Google Play games, for any of the remaining Google Apps that I kept. Thanks in advance. :)

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Okay so I rooted my phone a while back. And now, after deleting some of the standard Google Apps that I do not use, Google Play services no longer functions. I have a samsung galaxy grand prime. It was rooted using King root. I don't know what it was that I had deleted, I had only trying to free space on my phone and got rid of files which I did not think where necessary, but apparently I was wrong. Any help that you can give me would be well appreciated. Now, to tell you what I have done already do try to fix this. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Google Play services the Google Play Store also rebooted my device numerous times, and I have also try doing a restore to a previous phone. And I have also cleared the cache, disabled and reenabled v Google Play services as well as the Google Play Store. I have spent hours researching to try and find a solution to this problem and I have not been able to do so. I have also used ES File Explorer to check the hosts file in the system / etc folder, and all that was there was the first line which stated a number which I do not recall, but was something like this. 10. 0. 0. 115 filehost. I'll take any advice you guys can give me, and I hope I can get my phone fixed soon because I can no longer access Google Play Store, Google Play games, for any of the remaining Google Apps that I kept. Thanks in advance. :)
Welcome to Android Central!

Quickest way to fix it that I can recommend is follow the instructions in the post below. That will get you back to stock and then you can root again.

http://forums.androidcentral.com//a...amsung-emergency-recovering-samsung-kies.html

Tmhw1

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
Also, I remembered some of the things I deleted. I got rid of the stock text-to-speech, Google books, Google music, Google movies, a bunch of bloatware that I cannot recall the name of (kingroot had it at the top of the list stating that it was bloatware) the Samsung Contacts system file (different from the actual contacts app), Galaxy Apps appstore, the calculator, and that's all I can recall. Idk what those could have to do with the issue, for all I know it could have nothing to do with it, but it's what I can recall. Hopefully that will help a little.

irondroid410

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central!

Quickest way to fix it that I can recommend is follow the instructions in the post below. That will get you back to stock and then you can root again.

[GUIDE] Force Samsung Emergency Recovering with Samsung Kies - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
I have the same problem except lost google play store all together. It no longer even shows up on my phone. My phone is a Kyocera C6730 and I have hard reset twice. And I did root using kingroot. Ive done this before so I knew it would work. Where I went wrong was trying to mod play store. Pleases help me get my phone back to normal.