Do I need an SD card at all?

A

AC Question

I have a Galaxy S4 and the SD card apparently died since suddenly no devices can read it. Thing is, I don't know if I was even using it. What kind of stuff ends up on the SD card, and is it required to even have one at all? Things have been working fine with the thing dead for the last few days. I pretty much just dump my photos to the cloud instantly, so I don't care about that.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S4 and the SD card apparently died since suddenly no devices can read it. Thing is, I don't know if I was even using it. What kind of stuff ends up on the SD card, and is it required to even have one at all? Things have been working fine with the thing dead for the last few days. I pretty much just dump my photos to the cloud instantly, so I don't care about that.
Welcome to Android Central!

I personally think that SD cards are a waste of money. With access to to much cloud storage there is no need for an SD card on a phone with 16GB or more. That's my opinion.

Tech-Newb

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central!

I personally think that SD cards are a waste of money. With access to to much cloud storage there is no need for an SD card on a phone with 16GB or more. That's my opinion.

Cloud storage isn't a choice for people and country that has slow internet speeds. Also, SD card can store TONS of videos, musics, media files.

Posted with ❤Love❤

Tech-Newb

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site

If your phone supports a SD card. Why wont you use that feature? It can store tons of music, videos, when you dont have internet connections. Someday, you will need and hope that you should've gotten a SD card. But if you always have fast, unlimited internet connections, you won't need it.

Posted with ❤Love❤

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
If your phone supports a SD card. Why wont you use that feature? It can store tons of music, videos, when you dont have internet connections. Someday, you will need and hope that you should've gotten a SD card. But if you always have fast, unlimited internet connections, you won't need it.

Posted with ❤Love❤

Understandable for people in that situation I guess . I just don't need THAT many files on my phone at one time myself. Yeah I have great service so no need for me. Plus I really don't need access to my stuff that bad. I am patient, if I ever did run in to a situation where I did not have service. I would be ok.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hisoka_Ryuzaki