Sprint Note 4 keeps shutting off the display and turning off and will not power on

A

AC Question

Hello Everyone. My note 4 is acting very weird. Yesterday it went into download mode all by itself and ever since then it has not operated right. The phone locks up. The screen dims out and the only way to get the phone to respond is to pull the battery one and put it back in and power it on. I was at my wits end and I decided to factory reset it. Well when I did that the phone turned off and did not reset. So I decided to put it in recovery mode and reset. That worked. Just for fun I restored my google backup. The phone was working great. I woke up this morning and it was in download mode again.... So I put it in recovery and wiped it again. This time I didnt restore the backup. It was running for about 30 mins and it rebooted itself. so I let it go. as of about 5 minutes ago I was installing an app and the screen went black. I cant get it to respond. Ill have to pop the battery out and do it that way.

Has anyone ever seen this before? This has been a solid phone. until now. and i think Im a week out of my warranty...

Thank you in advance!
Josh

b3rgman

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi Mav. Thank you for the tips. I should of logged in before I posted that. My bad! I actaully had a long discussion with Samsung and they say it is still under warranty. So off it goes to the Depot. Thank you for the help!