allow access to device data times out quickly

A

AC Question

connecting S7 to PC via USB cable. Start to transfer files from PC to S7, all is working until I get the following message: "Allow acess to device data.. An MTP connection will be established to access the data on the connected device.
Deny or Allow" I pick ALLOW and it start the transfer, but the message again appears and the transfer is stopped and the above message appears again and I start the process again. The ALLOW connection is needing to be done over and over again.
My file copying is stopped and I have to start all over again.

Segway Maureen

Jan 17, 2017
Visit site
I chatted with Samsung tech support in Australia today. They have a fix for this problem but we don't. One somewhat helpful hint however is dialing *#0808# on your phone. This brings up a system dialog box. I selected the MTP + ADB and saved. Then when I plugged in my phone USB it opened a new window on the computer that listed the Samsung device. I still have to select the Allow option on the phone but the window reminds me that I need to switch to a screen where I can see that notification.
With the phone locked I couldn't see the notification and thought I was crazy cause nothing happened on the computer. Now, I know I'm not crazy (when it comes to this anyway)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21