change default application for importing pictures via OTG

A

AC Question

I connected a Canon camera to a Samsung Note 4 using an OTG cable. When it connected I was offered Gallery or Camera Picture Importer (or something like that). I chose Gallery and it worked. But I realized I would like to try the other application - but cannot figure out how to dissociate my camera from Gallery. Every time I connect the camera it automatically opens Gallery.

I tried clearing defaults for Gallery. It no longer appears in the list of default applications. No change. Then I confirmed Gallery still not in list of default applications and I rebooted the phone. No change.

Any suggestions?

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I just connected my Canon G11 to my Note 4 via OTG and wasn't given any options for importing. The gallery didn't even open, but when I opened it, the photos showed up there. Sorry, I just tried it again, and the gallery actually did open when the camera was found. I had to select each photo and choose import from the drop down menu (three dots). The phone then imported the photos. My Note 4 and Note 10.1 (2014) tablet are still on Kitkat and both acted the exact same way.

Just so you know, my G11 has never been connected to either my phone or tablet before I just tried it right now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech