can I watch ripped DVDs (for iPhone) on an android?

A

AC Question

I have lots of ripped DVDs in MP4, And I now have a Motorola moto g 2nd gen with 5.0.2. I have tried to watch via drag and drop as I understood this was how to work with files, but the MP4 files do not even show up on the phone. I have read that different manufacturers will allow this in different ways, but it's all a bit confusing to me. Ultimately I want to play my iTunes library (including playlists and ripped DVDs) on my phone, and if this is possible without reconverting them, I would love to know how, and which phones allow this (if applicable).

MattR1977

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
dragging via windows explorer (I was told android is about drag and drop.)
I think I also tried via Double Twist and iSyncr but this didn't work either (it's been a while since I tried so I can't remember)
I discovered Airdrop just after I asked this question, and I managed to get it working!

Still trying to sort out music sync (library AND playlist). Getting playlists on my phone doesn't seem so easy. Once playlists are created in iTunes and ready to sync, are Double Twist or iSyncr the best way?

Does the functionality of the phone depend on manufacturer and operating system? I'm considering changing my phone to HTC One E8, and don't want to discover I've lost the ability to do things after purchase.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
If your phone is in MTP mode when connected to the computer, then yes, you can just drag your movies over to your phone.

As for iTunes, you might read THIS article. I don't use iTunes or iPhones, so I'm not real familiar with them anymore.