Hudl 2 cannot update google play services - what is system v. 480?

A

AC Question

Hello. For some weeks I've been trying to fix the problem that my Hudl 2's Google Play Services will not update, causing me to be unable to install any apps from Google Play or update any apps already installed.

There have been a few pages i've found online that have offered some help - clearing the caches from the app, etc or a factory reset. These have not worked.

I decided to try to install the Google Play Services APK manually. The instructions say the following:

"To figure out the right version of Google Play services for your Android device, go to Settings -> Apps -> Google Play services, and look at the last 3 numbers in the parentheses. You'll see something like -XYZ where:

* X defines Android version:

0 for Android <5.0
2 for Android 5.0 and 5.1 starting with Play Services v8
4 for Android 5.0 and 5.1 before Play Services v8, Android >= 6.0 after
7 for Android 5.0
8 for Android TV
* Y defines CPU architecture:

1 for armeabi
3 for armeabi-v7a
4 for arm64-v8a
7 for x86
* Z defines DPI:

0 for universal
2 for 160
4 for 240
6 for 320
8 for 480"

Now my current version number is -480. I cannot find anywhere a definition for what CPU architecture is version "8". I tried downloading the APK for 7, x86 but my tablet could not read the file. Is "8" x86-64 bit and if so, where do I get the correct APK.

Or, is there a better solution to this problem?

biddlej1306

Feb 8, 2017
Visit site
Brilliant! This worked perfectly. I had googled the issue and had been clearing the Google Play Services cache as suggested elsewhere, but it didn't work. After installing this version of Google Play Services, I then cleared the cache and then those wretched "Google Play Services has stopped working" messages finally disappeared.
THANK YOU!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11