S Planner stopped working on Galaxy S5 following Android upgrade

A

AC Question

Following yesterday's upgrade to Android 5.0 S Planner crashes constantly (Error message: Unfortunately S Planner has stopped). It worked without a problem before the upgrade. I have cleared the cache, forced stop and eventually did a factory reset. Now it will open, but as soon as I touch the screen I get the same error message and S Planner closes.

andreas bickel

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
I stopped syncing all my calendars within accounts and then launched S Planner just with an empty calendar. Then I was able to switch views. But crashing resumes as soon as you switch to week view. This renders S Calendar pretty much useless until this is fixed. This is really a pity - I liked the app before the bug came...

Brizzley

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Same problem for me - S Planner crashes constantly as soon as I start it (Error message: Unfortunately S Planner has stopped). I can't get in to access anything so can't change from week to day or month view as others have suggested. Ideas and advice gratefully accepted.

Jahin

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Same here, I tried other calendar apps to replace S Planner but they aren't syncing either, with the exception of Google calendar but which is missing some of my important calendars. When I hit sync/refresh on GC it comes up with the same android error message as launching S Planner. When I launch aCalendar all the views are blank. In the list of calendars it recognises the same as GC but again the important ones are missing.

Someone please solve this, I depend on my calendar for work!

Akita7

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
You can add one more to the pile. Mine stopped today with the same message. Come on Samsung do something quickly. I'm not going to buy the lastest phone to replace my S5, nice try, 😀 so fix it already. 😊

craigmansell

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
You can add me to the list of annoyed folks.
I use S-Planner which I sync with my laptop at home. I am so disorganised this is the only way I have found where I can keep upto date on my appointments!

I need this working. :(

I can't get into S-Planner at all, so can't change the view.

:/
Craig :'(

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Anyone contacted samsung about this yet ? I have a friend who has the same issue. Cleared app data on S Planner and calendar storage to no avail. I see people have done factory resets and still the problem persists so this has to be an issue with the new firmware.

Brizzley

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
I have managed to resume use of the monthly and daily views.
I tried various things but I think that clearing Cache allowed me to access the app and have since avoided weekly view - which I like/prefer - until I hear it is resolved!

markhy

May 29, 2016
Visit site
S planner Weekly View - ugly work around for when Weekly view trips the "Unfortunately, S Planner has stopped" message.

Open S planner
Select 'Month' view from the menu
Touch a day in the week you want to view as a week
Select Day view from the menu - it will give you a day view
Scroll the day view right and left by a day - thereby returning you to your originally selected day
Select 'Week' view from the menu - it should give you a week view that is stable to look at

Caveats:
Don't try to scroll the week view left and right - it will crash and give you the "Unfortunately, S Planner has stopped" message.
If the week view appears with the time slots positioned so that you can't see the 8:00 - 5:00 workday slots all at once, it might or might not let you scroll up and down vertically - sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't! Go figure.

recoon

Jun 1, 2016
Visit site
Try to reboot with Home, Volume up, Power On button.

Then go to Wipe Cache Partition and press the On-Button. After you pressed it there will be a reboot now. another klick on the on-button and your problem is gone! Its becasue of the update to Marshmellow ( Android 6.0.1 ) in the background the pre Android is still trying to change things so just delete it with Wipe Cache Partition and you're fine!! No need to thank me!