Is CM LAUNCHERS BAD TO USE ON TODAY'S ANDROIDS DEVICES?

A

AC Question

I was told by several members of Android forum that CM Launchers was bad to use in your Android devices because it was design by cheetah and they were a Chinese company that supposed to be down to steal and sell personal information to sell to the highest bidder to third-party vendors. I need to know how true that is and if CM launchers are safe to use?

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I've never had any issues with it myself but the older versions of Android devices would have possible had security issues because Android devices was in its infancy period. Now due to better security measures that's been developed. It is highly unlikely that, that practice is tolerated by Google store since Google has a strong security platform to keep such things from happening with the apps their store endorses.

NerdsLykMeRBadAzz

Sep 17, 2017
Visit site
To The Gentlemen that asked about the CM Launcher.

The Best answer that i can give to you is this....I Personally have used 2 types of the CM Launches...the CM Launcher and the LITE for the past 5 yrs on almost all of my devices. i had never ever experienced anything other that smooth and fast transitions, pretty good themes,So many options to personalize your phone, Effect, Smart Screen, Gesture, Search and other display settings. So they get two thumbs up for me.

Currently i am in transition to design for CM Launcher as we speak. their customer service is reliable and not at all difficult to get a hold of when i have a question. i would rate them a Nine. I am sure Cm Launcher has its glitches that i haven't experienced yet. if they did i can tell you that it has nothing to do with stealing information nor misleading their potential customers.

In conclusion, i can definitely say that i am a reliable source since i experienced hands on with this App/Business now on both sides of the {Information table, I hope this has helped you in some way..

Mahalo for taking the time to read

Nalani Hightower

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! So you actually completed the install, and then uninstalled it due to a warning from your antivirus software? Which Cheetah Mobile app did you install, and where did you install it from -- the Play Store, or somewhere else? Which antivirus app do you have?

Roddis

Sep 30, 2017
Visit site
Hey there, just new to the forum, however would like to say that i have CM launcher pro on my phone and have found it to be the best around for my needs and ability to customise etc., also have tried them all Nova, Arrow, Action... all are very good,however i still come back to CM., never any virus problem. as a previous comment the security through play store etc takes care of that so i would imagine it wouldnt be available otherwise, and i would also add my phone battery seems to appreciate CM and performs far better than the others,so in summing up yes im a compulsive app searcher and phone fiddler and love to explore whats available and CM does have a lot of companion Battery and Security apps etc, the safe lock screen is a good piece of development as well. so i do recommend to try , but take the time to arrange how you want things to look etc..

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
@Roddis:

1. CM steals your info and sells to to random buyers.
2. Battery apps by CM actually make your phone perform worse.
3. You have virus problem, you just don't know it. Not all viruses slow down the phone or make it freeze. Sometimes it's just in the background stealing emails and passwords.

Roddis

Sep 30, 2017
Visit site
Having used this launcher for approximately 1 year I can say with out doubt this launcher is brilliant. No trouble what soever virus wise and security wise etc., the customization is fantastic although once you've found the best theme and modified etc you don't usually change it to much, every thing you need is available, on my Samsung 5 out of all the launchers available this one appears to be better on battery usage, so if thinking of trying take the time and explore and great to see updates coming out.

StellaForward

Sep 1, 2019
Visit site
THE POSSIBILITY OF THIS BEING SPYWARE IS 85%. When I got this app I'd sometimes get notifications saying cm launcher is using the camera and then the torch goes on! (I have a Huawei6X) and when I try to disable it, it doesn't work so I have to restart my phone. I decided to take a video whilst in always torch mode and when I drag down on the tool bar and try to disable it, it also doesn't work? That doesn't Rlly prove anything but I wanted to clarify

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
THE POSSIBILITY OF THIS BEING SPYWARE IS 85%. When I got this app I'd sometimes get notifications saying cm launcher is using the camera and then the torch goes on! (I have a Huawei6X) and when I try to disable it, it doesn't work so I have to restart my phone. I decided to take a video whilst in always torch mode and when I drag down on the tool bar and try to disable it, it also doesn't work? That doesn't Rlly prove anything but I wanted to clarify
Actually, your 2 years late and 15% off. CM issue is well known for quite some time.