apus and DU Battery saver virus?

dee990

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
Hi I have recently noticed that these two apps keep popping up randomly asking me to install/cancel them .

I believe these are a virus but I did not install them so I can't clear data/cache in the apps section.

The only third party app I downloaded was the mobdro which I rarely used. I cleared data and cache from this app but these two apps keep popping up for me to install them?

Any idea on how to fix this?

Posted via the Android Central App

dee990

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
I did a factory reset and it didnt work.

Though I re-installed from a prior backup though my apps did not appear on sd card or phone storage, only 3 apps I previously saved to SD card showed (WhatsApp, Facebook and a keyboard app) the annoying APUS and DU Battert pop ups appeared again. Infact whilst my phone was in recovering mode from the backup it flashed the APUS pop up and then said Recovering again ?

Im new to Android and im hoping I can find a solution to this, many online appear to be for those who have installed the APUS app?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I did a factory reset and it didnt work.
Factory reset won't kill a virus that was installed as a system app.

Though I re-installed from a prior backup though my apps did not appear on sd card
Backing up a phone doesn't back up the apps you "moved" to the SD card. (You didn't, you just moved little pieces of them, and the system is unaware of that.)

Im new to Android and im hoping I can find a solution to this
Reflash the original Android, then install all your apps from the Play Store. Restoring a system with a virus just restores the virus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca