Since the mods didn't approve my post i'm posting this again

This is for HP Slate 7 users, if you but recognize the apps in this guide this may work for you.
    Note that this is a guide i made as i was fixing my tablet, if you notice any other things draining your battery life post them here.

I got pissed at people telling me to root my device when there are no safe root procedures yet so i decided to make this guide.

What you're gonna need:
    20% battery, (link removed by Moderator)

Go to Google play > Settings > Auto Update Apps and check "Do not auto update apps"
    Google play > Apps & Games > My Apps & Games > Installed, scroll down to the system apps click on them, on the top right corner you will see 3 little dots click on it and disable "Auto update" do this for all system apps.

The main culprits are:
    Google / Google search
    Google +
    Google newstand
    Voice search
    Talk

Google "how to boot into safe mode"
    Go to Settings > Apps > All, note the processes that are running, boot back into normal mode,
    Then go to Settings > Apps, kill all processes, for those acting a little wonky go to apkpure and download a lower version, do the same for Google + since all the apks for Google maps failed just install it from google play, do not attempt to boot into "clean the cache" mode that alone drains 10% of battery on the spot and does not work.

In your case you may have to enable the system apps if your battery life does not improve or it lasts for a long time but does not charge, restore all options to default.

We're starting everything all over again, go back to Google play and at settings choose "Do not auto update apps"
    Go to the extra apps desktop and drag Google to the information center, click "uninstall updates" this will reset the program to default put off the tablet and let it charge, when you boot it back up battery life should be at 60%

If your tablets on and charging but you're still not regaining battery life then switch the charger cord with a high powered one, they usually have a bump in the middle.

If you're still not regaining battery life while the tablet is on then uninstall Skype, that fixed the problem for me. Try using Whatsapp if you need an app to call from.

The main culprits for me where:
    Google / Google search
    Google +
    Mod Note, I approved your post but edited out your link to a non approved third party app store.
    03-23-2016 06:24 AM
    Are you basing the battery drain on running processes? If so, once an app backed out of, it is suspended, and should not consume any battery power while suspended.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...m-android.html
    H3aTeRzz likes this.
    03-23-2016 09:16 AM
    Before i killed every running process i could think of yet my battery was still draining like soup,
    if your tablet is still experiencing troubles disconnect the charger, hold down the power and the volume up button, boot into cache mode wipe the cache then reboot.
    03-28-2016 06:29 PM
    I found another high speee cable in my house it has an even bigger bump, it even says high speed USB revision 2.0 full conductor on the cable, and most importantly when I plug it into the tablet it doesn't wiggle like all the other cables meaning the battery won't disconnect and it won't randomly come on, it's doing good so far.
    belodion likes this.
    03-29-2016 08:02 PM
    Annnd Google Hangouts joins the fray of snitty programs that steal your batteries soul.
    05-19-2016 02:20 AM
    Doesn't really help at all. All you need to do is go to settings and disable what you don't use. That simple. If the person uses Skype, or Whatsapp or the services you blame, then this so called guide is pretty much useless. Plus installing anything from outside Google Play is the best way to give hackers and thieves access to your data.
    05-19-2016 03:39 AM