Why is my swype text not working??

A

AC Question

After charging my galaxy S7 edge to 100% tonight. I used it off of the charger for a couple of minutes. The screen froze while i was on facebook and the phone restarted itself. Once it turned back on, everything seemed normal until i tried responding to a facebook message and my keyboard was not registering my swipe comands. I went into the language/input settings and attempted to change the default keyboard but the only option was "samsung keyboard". I'm not sure but i could have sworn it was a different keyboard originally. Now as i'm typing this my auto-correct also seems disabled. I'm not getting the guessed words above the keyboard as well. Any help or advice that could get my settings back??

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, unless you installed a 3rd party keyboard from the play store then the default keyboard would have been the Samsung one on your phone.

When in a message, press the settings wheel on the keyboard (this can be located by long pressing on the character to the left of the spacebar)

Make sure you have 'Predictive text' and 'Continuous input' selected in the settings (see screenshot)

Screenshot_20160323-082058.jpg

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Double check your settings in your Samsung Keyboard settings.

Since you had a random reboot, try powering the device off then turning it back on to see if a simple reboot will fix your issue.

If it's still not working after checking settings and a reboot, open up your device manager. Go to the 'All' tab and find Samsung Keyboard and wipe cache.

Other things you can do, wipe app data under app manager but all settings and learned/saved words will be deleted. Wipe system cache via recovery mode.