i'm getting an exception error when logging into facebook after deleting some apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AC Question

I have a Samsung s6 & when I try to login to facebook after deleting a bunch of I thought was unnecessary applications I now get this error:
Login Failed
Sorry, an unexpected error occurred. Please try again later. (NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method com.facebook.omnistore.CollectionName$Builder
com.facebook.omnistore.Omnistoree.createCollectionNameBuilder (java.lag.Strig)' on a null object reference)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. Facebook isn't known as a solid, "works all the time" app.

2. Deleting an app that has nothing to do with the one that's causing the problem could be due to the fact that the app you're using uses part of the one you uninstalled for some function.

3. "NullPointerException" means that some variable hasn't been set - probably in one of the deleted apps. So the Facebook app creates the variable (which is now null), calls the other app to set it - and it never gets set because the app was uninstalled - and instead of exiting neatly with a message that app X is missing, it keeps running until the pointer is used - and crashes the app, because trying to do something at address 0 (which is where a null pointer is pointing) is usually an error (it depends on the operating system).

Lara_96

Apr 24, 2016
Visit site
Sorry, an unexpected error occurred. Please try again later. (NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'com.facebook.omnistore.CollectionName$Builder com.facebook.omnistore.Omnistore.createCollectionNameBuilder(java.lang.String)' on a null object reference)

I WAS GETTING THE ERROR MESSAGE ABOVE. I LOGGED OUT OF MY FACEBOOK TO LOG INTO ANOTHER FACEBOOK ACCOUNT AND IT LET ME LOG OUT BUT WOULD NOT LET ME LOG IN EITHER FACEBOOK ACCOUNTS. I TRIED DELETING APPS BUT IT STILL DIDN'T WORK. I WAS RACKING MY BRAIN ON WHAT TO DO UNTIL I CAME ACROSS THIS FORUM. MY SETTINGS MENU MAY BE DIFFERENT THAN THE S6. I HAVE THE NOTE 4.
HERE'S WHAT WORKED FOR ME: SETTINGS, APPLICATIONS, APPLICATION MANAGER, SCROLL TIL YOU FIND FACEBOOK AND CLICK ON FACEBOOK, CLEAR CACHE AND THEN CLEAR DATA THEN CHOOSE OK. I DID AND I AM NOW LOGGING INTO FACEBOOK. IT'S LI K E THE POSTABOUTBTHE S6 RESETTING DEFAULTS. IT WORKED FOR ME...
Note: settings menu may be worded differently in your phone so please keep that in mind when in the settings menu..

Thank you so much ... my phone is note 3 and it worked !!

Last edited by a moderator:

abdeldjebarsenouci

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
I wasn't able to log into Facebook anymore on my Samsung Galaxy s6 edge. I didn't delete any apps. Here is what worked for me...I went into Apps > Settings > Applications > Facebook. In the Application info I pressed Clear Cache. Then I pressed Clear Data. After doing both of these I am able to log into Facebook again. Good Luck! :) :D

Naomisanchezcruz20

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
I have a Samsung s6 & when I try to login to facebook after deleting a bunch of I thought was unnecessary applications I now get this error:
Login Failed
Sorry, an unexpected error occurred. Please try again later. (NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method com.facebook.omnistore.CollectionName$Builder
com.facebook.omnistore.Omnistoree.createCollectionNameBuilder (java.lag.Strig)' on a null object reference)

Help me please how can I log in normally!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
For anyone else who is thinking about posting in this thread with a one-line response along the lines of "Help I can't log in," please tell us if you've already tried the solutions discussed earlier in the thread. Tell us what doesn't seem to work. Give us more details. Thanks!

Posts that are simply quotes of previous posts without anything else added will be deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles