i'm getting an exception error when logging into facebook after deleting some apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AC Question

I have a Samsung s6 & when I try to login to facebook after deleting a bunch of I thought was unnecessary applications I now get this error:
Login Failed
Sorry, an unexpected error occurred. Please try again later. (NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method com.facebook.omnistore.CollectionName$Builder
com.facebook.omnistore.Omnistoree.createCollectionNameBuilder (java.lag.Strig)' on a null object reference)

n2hlth

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
that's the problem, i'm not sure which apps are now gone. i thought i only deleted apps i could uninstall, not the ones that warn you it could effect how other apps/system runs. my phone was constantly freezing up & was either stopped completely or running extremely slow then timing out. i was so frustrated, i think i uninstalled something i needed. i don't understand the error message i'm getting & if it was a java issue (someone had mentioned) why does it only pop up when i try to login to facebook?

n2hlth

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
I don't know how to root an app. my phone was running extremely slow & then losing connection over & over. I was very frustrated & thought maybe I have too many apps downloaded & went to app manager & uninstalled everything I never use. If it only gave me an option to disable or upgrade, I didn't touch it.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
OK. You can reset app preferences in settings>apps>menu>reset app preferences. This will revert all apps as they were out of the box.
Any defaults are reset, all apps that were disabled are enabled. This might fix what is going on.

sirish17

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
I am using S6 aswell. I didn't delete any apps. My wife uses my phone sometimes to log into her fb. Since morning I m getting the same error message and I am unable to login my fb.

Giannini

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Sorry, an unexpected error occurred. Please try again later. (NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'com.facebook.omnistore.CollectionName$Builder com.facebook.omnistore.Omnistore.createCollectionNameBuilder(java.lang.String)' on a null object reference)

I WAS GETTING THE ERROR MESSAGE ABOVE. I LOGGED OUT OF MY FACEBOOK TO LOG INTO ANOTHER FACEBOOK ACCOUNT AND IT LET ME LOG OUT BUT WOULD NOT LET ME LOG IN EITHER FACEBOOK ACCOUNTS. I TRIED DELETING APPS BUT IT STILL DIDN'T WORK. I WAS RACKING MY BRAIN ON WHAT TO DO UNTIL I CAME ACROSS THIS FORUM. MY SETTINGS MENU MAY BE DIFFERENT THAN THE S6. I HAVE THE NOTE 4.
HERE'S WHAT WORKED FOR ME: SETTINGS, APPLICATIONS, APPLICATION MANAGER, SCROLL TIL YOU FIND FACEBOOK AND CLICK ON FACEBOOK, CLEAR CACHE AND THEN CLEAR DATA THEN CHOOSE OK. I DID AND I AM NOW LOGGING INTO FACEBOOK. IT'S LI K E THE POSTABOUTBTHE S6 RESETTING DEFAULTS. IT WORKED FOR ME...
Note: settings menu may be worded differently in your phone so please keep that in mind when in the settings menu..

Last edited:

KayB48

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
I have not deleted any apps and I am getting this error message: Sorry an unexpected error occurred. Please try again later. (NullPointerException:Attempt to invoke virtual method 'com.facebook.omnistore.CollectionName$Builder(java.lang.String)' on a null object reference) I am using a Nexus 10 android tablet. I can log into Facebook o my computer. What can I do to remedy this?

DennisShort

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
I wasn't able to log into Facebook anymore on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2. I didn't delete any apps. Here is what worked for me...I went into Apps > Settings > Applications > Facebook. In the Application info I pressed Clear Cache. Then I pressed Clear Data. After doing both of these I am able to log into Facebook again. Good Luck! :)

TVargas1973

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
I have a Samsung s6 & when I try to login to facebook after deleting a bunch of I thought was unnecessary applications I now get this error:
Login Failed
Sorry, an unexpected error occurred. Please try again later. (NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method com.facebook.omnistore.CollectionName$Builder
com.facebook.omnistore.Omnistoree.createCollectionNameBuilder (java.lag.Strig)' on a null object reference)

Except i have a LG phone but same null error when loggin into facebook. How do i fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12