I am trying to connect new android tv to XFINITY wifi that it lists on the screen. However, when I select connect it just says connecting and after a while times out. I tried using my laptop by directly connecting network wires but i still can get online.
    can any one help?
    03-23-2016 01:25 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Are you at home? Do you have your own wi-fi network, or are you using a public xfinitywireless hotspot? Connecting to xfinitywireless requires that you open a browser screen on your device and enter your Xfinity username and password, so this might be causing issue on the box.

Go to Settings>Apps, and make sure CaptivePortalLogin isn't disabled (if it's present at all). This is what allows for the wifi sign-in popup when you connect to a network that requires a login on a webpage.
    03-23-2016 01:59 PM
    After weeks of frustration, I have finally figures out a solution. But you have to follow my steps..

First you'll need a USB or phone memory card. Download a google chrome apk and transfer it to the USB or memory card (this could be done by phone). Then plug it into your android box and use the android installer app on your box to install Google chrome.

Then, open Google chrome and type WiFi.xfinity.com in the URL. It will take you to an xfinity website. Scroll all the way down on the website and click on the blue link at the bottom ( I think it says manage account).

You will be able to sign in now. But, the first time will be an error page. Click sign in and it will take you to the official xfinity WiFi page and sign in again.....

YOUR ALL CONNECTED.... 😁
    Your welcome friends.
    11-25-2017 01:49 PM