Can google now voice commands use the hotmail app Outlook to compose and send emails?

My main email is hotmail.
    I have found no method to get Google Now ( when you use the OK Google' voice command) to use Outlook instead of gmail.

I run a 6.0 HTC One m8, no root.
    The stock mail app could do this a while back, then it quit working entirely and I switched to Outlook.

It's likely been covered before, but I have had no luck finding a working answer. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    03-23-2016 05:18 PM
    Can google now voice commands use the hotmail app Outlook to compose and send emails?

My main email is hotmail.
    I have found no method to get Google Now ( when you use the OK Google' voice command) to use Outlook instead of gmail.

I run a 6.0 HTC One m8, no root.
    The stock mail app could do this a while back, then it quit working entirely and I switched to Outlook.

It's likely been covered before, but I have had no luck finding a working answer. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Welcome to Android Central!

You might need to reset what the default email app is. Go to your settings, applications, find all the email apps and clear the defaults. Try Ok Google and see if it prompts you to choose one.
    03-23-2016 06:03 PM
    I have tried that. I have even deleted the mail accounts from my phone and recreated them. Still, the only option when using Google Now is Gmail. I would try going back to the stock mail app, but I have grown used to using Outlook and would like to keep using it....just with working voice commands. I can use voice dictation, that works normally.Ii just cannot start a new email using the "Send email" voice command.
    03-24-2016 08:11 AM
    Hi Delenot, were you ever able to get outlook to work with ok google?
    12-20-2016 02:15 PM
    Hi Delenot, were you ever able to get outlook to work with ok google?
    Has anyone ever worked this out?
    09-07-2017 06:59 PM
    I've spent more than half an hour (umi, v7.0), but didn't manage to make it work. And it's quite important for me, since in outlook I have my business email...

It really amazes me that they haven't found a solution till now...
    09-10-2017 04:21 AM
    Well a work around I can think of is use the Gmail app. It can handle hotmail and outlook accounts too.
    09-10-2017 06:33 AM