My Google Play Services Storage was 12+ GB of internal memory storage which is way too high. There is clearly a problem with google software which would allow that to happen. I need more memory/data so I searched all over the internet for an answer to the question: can I press "Clear All Data" under "Google Play Services Storage" (I have Galaxy Note Edge) without it messing up my phone. Every answer I found online made me worry that I would lose my data that was stored on my google drive, google sheets, etc. As a precaution, I went under "Accounts" and removed all of my google accounts before I pressed "Clear All Data". After doing that I pressed "Clear All Data" and it removed 12+ GB of data and I haven't had a problem with accessing my data. I went and added back all of my google accounts BUT I didn't select to sync Google Drive and Google Sheets. I think that syncing Google Drive and Google Sheets could be the culprit of all the data usage. There is no point of syncing the data on your phone when it is stored online. I checked the amount of Google Play Service Storage being usage after I cleared the data and it is only at 200+MB which is a LOT less than 12+GB. I hope this feedback helps! You won't lose any of your data on google drive, google sheets, your contact database, etc if you do exactly what I said. ENJOY!
    03-24-2016 10:30 PM
    My Google Play Services Storage was 12+ GB of internal memory storage which is way too high. There is clearly a problem with google software which would allow that to happen. I need more memory/data so I searched all over the internet for an answer to the question: can I press "Clear All Data" under "Google Play Services Storage" (I have Galaxy Note Edge) without it messing up my phone. Every answer I found online made me worry that I would lose my data that was stored on my google drive, google sheets, etc. As a precaution, I went under "Accounts" and removed all of my google accounts before I pressed "Clear All Data". After doing that I pressed "Clear All Data" and it removed 12+ GB of data and I haven't had a problem with accessing my data. I went and added back all of my google accounts BUT I didn't select to sync Google Drive and Google Sheets. I think that syncing Google Drive and Google Sheets could be the culprit of all the data usage. There is no point of syncing the data on your phone when it is stored online. I checked the amount of Google Play Service Storage being usage after I cleared the data and it is only at 200+MB which is a LOT less than 12+GB. I hope this feedback helps! You won't lose any of your data on google drive, google sheets, your contact database, etc if you do exactly what I said. ENJOY!
    Thanks for sharing!
    03-28-2016 07:27 AM
    Google Play Service seems to be causing this problem for a lot of people, especially with LG phones from the messages posted. What's more odd is that trying to find information about it just doesn't show up if you search for help using google search, or it's buried behind hundreds of search results saying how much you need google play service.
    The database file keeps growing rapidly (gigabytes a day) until the memory's filled. I was deleting ALL data two or three times a day to keep my phone working at least which of course, also deletes all your google settings which then have to be redone, which then sets off another round of memory flooding. I found for me at least a temporary solution until Google decides to fix google play service or at least announce they're aware of the trouble they're causing. Of course, you need to root your phone so you can get to the file system first.

LINK: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ask...every-day.html
    08-30-2016 09:39 AM