Can i delete chartboost on my phone?

A

AC Question

I'm trying to delete stuff from my phone for more space. Can I delete chartboost from my miscellaneous files?

Lloyd Dunamis

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
It's just like what sholiday mentioned.
Re-confirming that the .chartboost folder can be safely deleted.

From my looking around, it is the cache folder for the ads you see in games with the Chartboost ads monetization platform.

Good Effects in deletion:
- recover some storage space
- get rid of old, unused ads (if any; oldest I found was just June 9)

Bad Effects in deletion:
- playing games with those ads will:
--- slow down ads-loading
--- re-download ads from the internet, which consumes data (around 750KiB to 3MiB per video)

You can check how large the ads are by, well, checking the contents of the folder itself. It should be in somewhere like "/storage/emulated/0/", or basically when you open up your internal storage device for viewing.
You must have the option to "Show hidden files" to be able to see & access the folder.

Last edited:

Misseri

Feb 12, 2019
Visit site
I was looking through its files. Inside I have a couple of folders.
Css, Html, images, js, templates and videos. In the image folders there are adds images. In the video there is only one video and its pretty random. In the html css... there are .files. I guess deleting is good

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you don't need those images and/or videos, delete all the CSS, HTML, image, js, template and video files. It sounds as if someone was trying to develop a web page on your phone.