Marshmallow update issue

A

AC Question

So I just finished installing the marshmallow update on my note4 and when I go online and click on a link my keyboard pops up and screen auto zooms to the top left corner. Every time! Is there a way to disable this function? please help

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hiya, & Welcome to Android Central Forums!

My suggestion

1. GOTO: Setings>Device>Applications>Applications Manager>Scroll to "RUNNING">Down to "Samsung Keyboard"
Now, if possible, stop all processes, then reboot your phone...
2. Go into recovery, and do a "Wipe Cache Partition." Reboot...THIS WILL NOT DELETE ANY DATA.
3. You must register our site to see #4, as its a last resort! :-D
4. Last Resort

Chris

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Good Morning Truiz208!

I'm sorry that didn't work! I've seen too many times, after these major updates, that folks have these types of issues, that are most often, not resolved, unless a Full Factory Reset is performed. I know full well, that most ppl really don't want to take that journey, as in a lot of cases, some data ends up being loss.

Now, with that said, there are MANY tools/apps out there in the Play Store, that make this process, nearly risk free, of losing data. I won't steer you to one or the other, as a simple search in the Play Store will provide you with several great and safe choices.

I personally, do a factory reset after each major upgrade, no exceptions, and I don't wait for problems to occur before doing it.

Here's what I do; I have a Samsung app called Smart Switch (in play store). I have a spare note 4, to which also has Smart Switch. I push all my important stuff from my main phone, to the note 4, and then after I do the full factory reset, I pushed my personal information back from the Note 4 to my main phone. This method does not take settings with it regarding applications that you have saved data on. But it will transfer all call records text messages photos music documents etc.

If you choose this route, just say so here, and let's see who will offer their experiences with their preferred back up apps in the app store; or you can simply search the store and look at the various reviews to make your decision. Most of your name brand apps like Helium for example, you'd be able to go to YouTube, and search for, "how to use Helium," for example.

Hope this helps, and good luck with this endeavor!!

Chris

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech