Heads Up/Peeking Notifications Don't Work

A

AC Question

I have two devices, a Moto G 4G on Android 5.1 Lollipop, and a Z5 Compact on Android 6.0 Marshmallow (the Moto G originally shipped with 4.4.4, the Z5C originally shipped with 5.1.1). With the same Google account on both devices, heads up/peeking notifications do not work for any applications except the phone dialer for voice calls, SMS with the native text messaging app, and Snapchat notifications. Other than that, no apps get heads up; Gmail, Google Play, Firefox, etc. will not trigger the peeking card.

How can I get this feature to work for me? Is it somehow tied to my Google account? What makes Snapchat so different that it gets peeking notifications and not Gmail?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I have two devices, a Moto G 4G on Android 5.1 Lollipop, and a Z5 Compact on Android 6.0 Marshmallow (the Moto G originally shipped with 4.4.4, the Z5C originally shipped with 5.1.1). With the same Google account on both devices, heads up/peeking notifications do not work for any applications except the phone dialer for voice calls, SMS with the native text messaging app, and Snapchat notifications. Other than that, no apps get heads up; Gmail, Google Play, Firefox, etc. will not trigger the peeking card.

How can I get this feature to work for me? Is it somehow tied to my Google account? What makes Snapchat so different that it gets peeking notifications and not Gmail?

Welcome to Android Central!

Does the headsup work for hangouts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC