Chromecast stops casting after 4 to 30 seconds with Netflix and Youtube

A

AC Question

Have have had no problems with Chromecast since I first bought it 2-3 years ago. A few weeks ago, anytime I try to play anything on it (Netflix and Youtube are the only things I use it for), it cuts out within the first minute. It usually cuts out pretty fast, like for about 4 to 30 seconds. I am having the same issue on both my Galaxy Tab S and my Note 5 which are the only devices I use it with. The TV is an older Toshiba LCD 55" but it has worked fine up until now. I also use Comcast for internet and Directv for TV as I have been for years. Here is what I have tried so far to troubleshoot;

1. Uninstalled and reinstalled Netflix, Youtube and Chromecast with newest app versions on both devices.
2. Did factory reset on Chromecast, tried several times with no effect.
3. Bought a brand new Chromecast, set it up and it does the same thing.
4. Swapped out my wifi modem with Comcast, no effect. Speedtest show anywhere from 55-75mb download and 10mb or more upload.
5. Tried plugging in a DVD player to the same HDMI port on the TV that the chomecast is plugged into, DVD plays fine.

I honestly don't know what else to do guys. Any suggestions appreciated!

Rob

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
It sounds like a router or Internet provider issue. Try resetting the router and see if that helps. When it cuts out do receive a message with error codes?

Posted via the Android Central App

islandhopper01

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
No error code. The video just stops and the TV goes immediately back to the input that DirecTV is on. That in itself is kind of weird because I always had to manually switch the TV back to the DirecTV input after finished watching anything on Chromecast.

As far as the router, it's built into the Comcast modem so I swapped it out with a new one today thinking it had to be a router issue. I tried resetting the last one about 20 times with no luck but will try it on the new one as well. What's strange is that both Netflix and Youtube play fine on the devices themselves. I figured if the signal plays to them ok then it should do the same to the chromecast dongle. That's why I bought the new Chromecast dongle but no luck.

Rob

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary