Why is my wifi and bluetooth not working!? No mac address on either.

A

AC Question

I have an LG G2 ( d802 - International) which has some issues with wifi and Bluetooth. On my phone mac addresses(both wifi and Bluetooth) are not showing up. It happened yesterday when I was using my phone which was running cm13, all of a sudden the wifi stopped so at first I tried to turn it off and on again, which didnt seem to work because the wifi didnt turn on (I dont really need bluetooth as of my daily life). So I rebooted my phone and the problem persisted. So i decided to factory reset with TWRP ( I normally reset once every so often to speed up my phone again , and at this point my phone was getting really slow). Which I did, but then something wired happened... The upgrading android dialog box came up after the reset and it showed ~140 apps. But normally that wouldnt happen after a reset. I didnt mind that and checked to see if the wifi worked again, yet no luck. So I went for a full format of data, which also popped up with the upgrading android. So I thought maybe it was to do with the rom, and decided to try out some other rom. So i had 2 roms on my sdcard at that time, Dorimanx-V9.7-LP and the stock lg rom. At first when i tried the Dorimanx rom it didnt work and wasnt booting right so I was not bothered to fix and I went for the stock rom which worked.. and it happened again... upgrading android dialog box. So i started researching and saw it mention that this could be a cause of bootloaders not being the right version, now i do not know a lot about bootloaders so I couldnt really do anything. I tried to update twrp with auto rec ( i got the apk thru usb from pc to phone), which worked yet still no fix.

Details:
Lg G2 (D802)
Wifi and bluetooth not working ( No mac addresses)
Running :Stock lp rom for lg
Rooted
Twrp : 2.8

Any Help would be appreciated, Thanks in advance!

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I have an LG G2 ( d802 - International) which has some issues with wifi and Bluetooth. On my phone mac addresses(both wifi and Bluetooth) are not showing up. It happened yesterday when I was using my phone which was running cm13, all of a sudden the wifi stopped so at first I tried to turn it off and on again, which didnt seem to work because the wifi didnt turn on (I dont really need bluetooth as of my daily life). So I rebooted my phone and the problem persisted. So i decided to factory reset with TWRP ( I normally reset once every so often to speed up my phone again , and at this point my phone was getting really slow). Which I did, but then something wired happened... The upgrading android dialog box came up after the reset and it showed ~140 apps. But normally that wouldnt happen after a reset. I didnt mind that and checked to see if the wifi worked again, yet no luck. So I went for a full format of data, which also popped up with the upgrading android. So I thought maybe it was to do with the rom, and decided to try out some other rom. So i had 2 roms on my sdcard at that time, Dorimanx-V9.7-LP and the stock lg rom. At first when i tried the Dorimanx rom it didnt work and wasnt booting right so I was not bothered to fix and I went for the stock rom which worked.. and it happened again... upgrading android dialog box. So i started researching and saw it mention that this could be a cause of bootloaders not being the right version, now i do not know a lot about bootloaders so I couldnt really do anything. I tried to update twrp with auto rec ( i got the apk thru usb from pc to phone), which worked yet still no fix.

Details:
Lg G2 (D802)
Wifi and bluetooth not working ( No mac addresses)
Running :Stock lp rom for lg
Rooted
Twrp : 2.8

Any Help would be appreciated, Thanks in advance!

Welcome to Android Central!

Have you tried finding a fresh full factory image to flash on to the phone? You might need to use the LG Software Suite to bring the phone back to complete stock to make sure it is really not a software issue.